0
(Last Updated On: December 2, 2020)

Apple is going through a lawsuit in many different European countries that are looking for 180 million euros ($217 million) based on misleading claims regarding the battery life of the older iPhones. 

Five European consumer organisations had filed class-action suits in Belgium and Spain and plans to sue in Italy and Portugal in the next few weeks, Euro consumers said. The lawsuit is based on users issues with multiple iPhone 6 devices.

The lawsuits resemble the cases in the US where they claimed that Apple had been misleading its customers regarding iPhone battery life and software updates which had slowed down the performance of the devices. Apple did agree to pay $113 million a month ago, in order to settle a case with many US regulators while customers are looking for the green light from a US court for a class-action settlement which might be worth up to $500 million.

“Consumers are increasingly upset by-products wearing out too quickly, the iPhone 6 models being a very concrete example of that. Not only does it cause frustration and financial harm, but from an environmental point of view it is also utterly irresponsible,” the head of policy and enforcement at Euro consumers, but Els Bruggeman also said.

Back in July, a cease and desist letter had been sent to Apple by the group, asking the company to stop the practice of supposedly forcing their users to install updates which would slow down their phones to the point of them becoming useless and are in need for one of the more updated models.

In a statement, Apple said that it would not “do anything to intentionally shorten the life of any Apple product, or degrade the user experience to drive customer upgrades.”


Like it? Share with your friends!

0
NEWS Desk

Newbie

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Send this to a friend